Tuesday, December 31, 2019

10 years of Cerrie and Alex

Ten years ago, the world was introduced to Alex Winters and Cerrie Burnell - CBeebies' then-newest instructors.

My, ten years.  Before we get started talking about that, can I just point out how old I feel knowing that Alex Winters and Cerrie Burnell have been in our lives for a whole decade???  It’s one thing to think about the fact that I’ve been hanging out with Igglepiggle, Miss Hoolie, Sarah and Duck, and the Teletubbies for my entire life, but I met Alex and Cerrie since I become a CBeebies fan when I was 10 1/2.   So what does that make me now?  Some sort of super-tween?  Old????

Although we’ve got ten years’ worth of Alex/Cerrie episodes of Discover + Do and/or the Bedtime Hour to discuss and dissect, I’m gonna start at the beginning. Alex Winters and Cerrie Burnell started on CBeebies on 26 January 2009.

They debuted on the Discover + Do zone that day

So, to recap: Alex and Cerrie got the nod of approval from Sid and Andy. They gave us a re-introduction to the CBeebies channel without unnecessary fanfare.  And they did it all while singing and dancing, and no eye-rolling or talking-down.  It’s an ideal intro to new neighbours who we should’ve known would stay in our lives for years after meeting them for the first time.

Cerrie and Alex brought us around full circle, and have successfully continued an important legacy for ten years and counting.  Well done, you both!  And thanks for being our neighbors for a whole decade!


No comments:

Post a Comment